Happy New Year (Only a few days late)!
2011 was a great year and I can’t wait to see what unfolds in 2012!
I’m not one to make resolutions. How many of you made a resolution on New Years only to break in a few days, weeks, or months later? Yup, I’m one of them too. Instead I’m making goals. I’m very driven and ambitious and the type of person who works hard to reach a goal. So, here are my goals for 2012:
1. Nutrition – Nutrition has become an important part of my training and life recently. I’m beginning to look at nutrition as more than “mmm… that tastes good” and more as fueling my body for tough workouts. I’ve discover that I eat healthy, but not at the right times. My focus this year is to figured out what works best for my body and training to reach the optimal body composition and performance. I know this won’t magically happen over night (wouldn’t it be awesome if it did!), but will be a year-long and life-long commitment. Since I have become interested in nutrition, I’ve decided to hopefully make a career in it, but more on that in a future post.
2. Training – Training is a priority for me. I’m working with an amazing group of individuals who will help me attain my goals this year, but the only person who is really going to get me there is myself. I need to believe in my own abilities to get myself through a tough workout and/or race.
3. School – If all goes well I will graduate in December 2012 with a Masters in Public Health. I only have 4 courses left (3 of which I will take this spring and 1 in the summer) and then my internship and capstone project. I have an excellent GPA and I intend on keeping it that way since I plan of continuing in school for my PhD. I also need to study for GREs. Yikes, I’m not a very good standardized test taker, but with some consist studying I should do already.
4. Work – I just got an awesome job opportunity, which I am taking. I will still continue to work my full time job at my biotech company, but plan to work a part time job. I’m not giving out details at this time because things are still being finalized. BUT, I’m super excited because it is an direction in what I hope to do in the future.
5. Time management – I’m usually pretty good at time management and I actually work better under pressure. With my new schedule of work (x2), training, school, and having some sort of social life I need to be on top of my game as far as time scheduling and organizing. And this also means being on top of laundry (no one likes stinky clothes) and meal prepping!
So far 2012 is off to an amazing start. I’m super pumped for what is going to offer. I really look forward to growing in my professional, educational, and athletic careers this year!
Now onto a spin session on my trainer (while watching Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, at least the trainer is good for watching trashy tv!) 🙂