Sooo, this weekend had 49 hours and none of them were spent writing my thesis paper! Opps! Here are seven things I did instead!
1. I worked Saturday morning at my new job. I’m still learning the ropes, but I’m super excited to really get into the nitty gritty this week! 🙂
2. After work I headed downtown Portland to Lululemon to buy some new “work” pants, but they closed early. 🙁 Since, I paid the parking meter a lot of my coins I decided to walk around the Old Port a bit. I decided to try GoBerry for the first time since I’ve heard people rave about it. Well, my lactose intolerant tummy didn’t want much to do with it so I was only able to eat half of it. Usually I can handle yogurt products. Bummer!
3. I went to a Multisport Rountable Discussion put on by Personal Best Multisport Coaching about “having your best off-season yet.” It was a fun little discussion plus I got to catch up with some friends.
4. I did some studying for my upcoming test! I’m beginning to feel more confident about it. I’ve been putting it off for so long because I have been afraid of failing. I don’t standardized test well. Give me a knowledge-based or essay test then I will ace it (as long as it’s not physics or calculus that is!). I think I get test anxiety with standardized tests.
5. I did a little coloring! 🙂
6. I went to a bootcamp class on Sunday at my favorite fitness studio and got my butt kicked! There is something about kettlebells that just breaks me in half. I love them though and I have been slowly implementing some of the moves into my own workouts.
7. I used my Chuck Norris strength and moved a hot tub! It was empty and has been for years. My father is putting an additional onto the house so we had to move it from the old room to the new one. It was great fun…
So that pretty much sums up my weekend. Nothing really eventful. Just kind of relaxing, which was nice.
November has been deemed National Health Blog Post Month and each day has a different prompt to write about. Obviously, I’m a bit late, but I’m going to try to partake, since it’s right up my alley. Today’s topic is either “Health Activist Soapbox” or “A List of Three Things You’re Thankful for/excited for/inspired by.” I’m going to go with the latter topic since if I step on my soapbox then I might never step off of it. It’s one of the cons I have learned with a public health degree. I could go on and on about healthcare and public health and the state of health in this country….
Three Things I’m Thankful for/Excited For/Inspired By:
1. I’m thankful for my education. I love school and I love to learn. Someday I will have to stop going to school (most likely due to Sallimae. Grr…), but I will never stop learning and broadening my horizons. I’ve been very fortunate that I have had many opportunities for learning experiences, whether it was going to a private high school, a college trip to Italy, or getting accepted and participating in one of the top biomedical summer research programs during college. I know many people don’t have those opportunities and I am thankful that I have had those opportunities to enrich my life.
2. I am excited about Ironman Lake Placid in 2013. I am equally scared shitless! I can’t wait to start official training January 1st and I’m excited to see truly what my mind, body, and soul can handle do 140.6 miles of swimming, cycling, and running on July 28, 2013! 🙂
3. I’m inspired by many of the new bloggers that I have come across when I made the switch from Blogger to WordPress. There are some amazing people out there sharing their stories and I could probably sit here and just read blogs all day. It’s always fun to connect with someone across the country from you who shares similar passions in life.
What are you thankful for/excited for/ inspired by?
~ Happy Training!